Attend Anywhere – an online video consultation tool – is being rolled out across UHMBT as part of its coronavirus (COVID-19) response.
Attend Anywhere allows people to consult their healthcare professionals via video calls from a location of their choice. It can be used for scheduled and unscheduled care but one of its key features is virtual waiting rooms, which is particularly useful for scheduled clinic appointments.
If you have agreed to one of these appointments, below is some useful information on how they work and what you'll need to do to join the appointment.
Your appointment will be sent out via SMS message or email to your device. It will contain the the link to join the meeting.
- Lost or didn't receive the link? Use the below and click the link for the department your appointment should be with.
- Test your equipment works - click here and use the button
- Equipment doesn't work? See below dropdown for requirements.
Attend anywhere always recommends using the latest version of Google Chrome or Safari for best video calling performance.
Computers will also need
- A web camera (built in or USB)
- A microphone (usually built in to most laptop computers and external webcams)
- Speakers and headsets, if required (speakers are usually built in to most laptop computers, but not always into external webcams)
- A reliable internet connection (if you can watch a video online, you can make a video call)
- A private, well lit area where you will not be disturbed during the consultation
If you have been given an appointment for a virtual consultation, join the relevant waiting room below:
- Clinical Investigations
- Children's Community Health
- Community Midwives
- Core Therapies (AHP/OT)
- Ear, Nose, Throat
- General Surgery
- Macmillan Services
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Pain Management
- Palliative Care
- Pre-operative Assessment
- Speech & Language Therapy
- Stroke Service